At the 2022 JDMS Strategic Planning meeting, the JDMS Editorial Team updated their strategic plan through thoughtful discussion and collaboration. The team identified and prioritized specific goals and projects, which they will tackle with the help of you as a JDMS Editorial Board member (as micro-volunteers). As a qualified subject matter expert, your expertise is valuable in accomplishing these strategic plan projects.
As a micro-volunteer, you will not meet regularly but will be called upon as projects and tasks are identified and prioritized. Some projects may take weeks, months, or even a year to complete, and there may even be a long-term commitment, such as a mentor in a mentorship program.
To get started, complete the form and match your subject matter expertise and interest levels with the available categories. When the time comes, the SDMS staff will provide you with guidance and tools to complete the micro-volunteer opportunity.
The 2023-2027 JDMS Strategic Plan will focus on the following areas:
- Strengthen authenticity and integrity of authors and content.
- Sustain an accessible and reliable editorial and publishing process.
- Grow the effectiveness, diversity, exposure, and reach of the JDMS.
- Increase author visibility, respectability, and influence.
- Increase engagement of the JDMS constituents.